Second Antibiotic Guardian Awards
The 2017 awards are set to take place on the 8th of June 2017, at the Imperial College, South Kensington in London
Join us as we host the second Antibiotic Guardian Awards championing those organisations and individuals who have demonstrated achievement in tackling antimicrobial resistance at a local, regional or national level.
Maybe your organisation has demonstrated success in working within the community to communicate Antibiotic Guardian? Perhaps you have implemented effective prescription monitoring to support the conservation of antibiotics?
If so, then we want to hear from you. The awards provide you and your organisation with a chance to highlight the continuous good work being carried out to support the key aims and goals of Antibiotic Guardian. This prestigious occasion is a great opportunity to reward you and your colleague’s success whilst networking with peers and health professionals to share ideas on this global challenge.
To enter is simple, below are a list of categories for the Awards with an entry form underneath which must be filled in then submitted to us.
The shortlisted organisations and individuals will be announced in April following a judging period conducted by senior leaders working within the fields of health.
Award Categories include:
- Diagnostics: Entries should demonstrate effective use of diagnostics to reduce prescribing
- Stewardship: Entrants should demonstrate how the project has measured antimicrobial usage or improved prudent use of antimicrobials within the organisation
- Staff Engagement: Entrants should demonstrate how they have communicated antibiotic stewardship effectively to staff
- Community & Public Engagement: Entry should highlight how staff or the organisation has promoted Antibiotic Guardian or stewardship within their community and should indicate the communication methods used to engage
- Prescribing: Entry should demonstrate a reduction in prescriptions or highlight effectiveness in methods for reduction of prescribing eg activities to to implement the Quality Premium or CQUIN
- Innovation: Entry should highlight how technology has enabled the promotion of antibiotic stewardship and should be able to demonstrate actual use of technology or innovation within their project with examples
- Research: Entrants should demonstrate how their entry has addressed a key aspect of antibiotic stewardship via a research programme or initiative
- Community Pharmacy: Entry should highlight how the pharmacy has raised the profile or antibiotic guardian to patients and the public
- Young & Family Antibiotic Guardian Champion: Entries from campaigns that focused on children or individuals that have completed Junior/Family antibiotic guardian badges, e-bug activities or other antimicrobial resistance/infection prevention activities
- Healthcare Student of the Year: Healthcare students who led initiatives around antibiotic guardian should apply. Students should also complete the tasks to earn their Antibiotic Guardian champion badges
To nominate your project for an award please complete the entry form below. Deadline for nominations: Monday 27 March 2017
For further details about the awards night, venue and ticket costs on June 8th please visit http://www.antibioticawards.co.uk/ or contact email@example.com with any enquiries