Longitude Prize Events for World Antibiotic Awareness Week
13 November 2017, Online and London
Join Longitude Prize, several organisations and inviduals for a Twitter Chat with expert panellist to myth bust common misconceptions about antibiotics and resistance.
Theme: Why should we care about antibiotic use? What information can we trust and what should I be asking my GP?
In this Twitter Chat, several organisations and individuals will be in conversation with YOU, mythbusting common misconceptions about using antibiotics and addressing how to educate yourself and others about the growing problem of antibiotic resistance. Join us for this opportunity to learn from scientists, researchers, clinicians and patients.
Date: 13 November 2017
Time: 2 – 4 pm GMT
Where: On Twitter!
Hashtag: #Antibiotic Week Chat
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1037362706421767
Join us for a night with Dr. Zoe Williams, resident doctor on This Morning and a presenter on BBC Two’s Trust Me I’m a Doctor, to explore the lives of those affected by superbugs, the clinicians trying to help them and the teams coming up with solutions to reduce antibiotic resistance.
This event includes:
- Meet the teams – Competing Longitude Prize test inventors show off their technologies with Till Bachmann, Longitude Prize panel member
- People affected by superbugs from the Chronic Urinary Tract Infection Campaign
- Clinical perspectives from the NHS – Dr. Susannah Woodd, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Antibiotic alternatives – Dr Sam Willcocks, AMR Centre, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Perspectives from India – BIRAC, a public sector enterprise building capacity of biotech in India, discusses what they are doing in to help solve the problem
- Battle the bugs – Games based on antibiotic resistance challenges – Winchester Science Centre and University of Southampton
- Be a Citizen Scientist! – Learn to swab for new antibiotics with the Swab and Send programme from the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Antibiotic Guardian features their public campaign for antibiotic stewardship and school resources
Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration and the interactive showcase opens at 18:00 with the event starting promptly at 18:45. The event will finish at 20:00, followed by networking drinks and canapés until 21:00.
For any queries or for further information please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.