Antibiotic Guardian 2020 Shared Learning & Awards
Due to the Governments advice on gatherings the Antibiotic Guardian Shared Learning and Awards 2020 was postponed. We are now working towards 26 November as the date for the event (Virtually or in London).
Entry form also reopened from 25 June until 13th July. If you previously submitted an entry, you do not need to resubmit
The 2020 shared learning event and awards are set to take place on the 25th of June 2020.
Join us as we host the fifth Antibiotic Guardian Shared Learning Awards event, championing organisations and individuals who have demonstrated achievements in tackling antimicrobial resistance at a local, regional or national level.
Has your organisation demonstrated success in working within the community to communicate Antibiotic Guardian? Perhaps you have implemented effective prescription monitoring system to support the conservation of antibiotics?
If so, then we want to hear from you. The awards provide you and your organisation with a chance to highlight the continuous good work being carried out to support the key aims and goals of Antibiotic Guardian. This prestigious occasion is a great opportunity to reward you and your colleague’s success whilst networking with peers and health professionals to share ideas on this global challenge.
To enter is simple, below are a list of categories for the Awards with an entry form underneath which must be filled in then submitted to us.
The shortlisted organisations and individuals will be announced in May following a judging period conducted by senior leaders working within the fields of health.
Award Categories include:
- Diagnostic Stewardship:Entries should demonstrate effective use of diagnostics to reduce prescribing
- Prescribing and Stewardship:Entrants should demonstrate how the project has measured antimicrobial usage or improved prudent use of antimicrobials within the organisation
- Community Communications:Entry should highlight how staff or the organisation has promoted Antibiotic Guardian or stewardship within their community and should indicate the communication methods used to engage
- Public Engagement:Entries should demonstrate significant public engagement to tackle AMR
- Innovation and Technology:Entry should highlight how technology has enabled the promotion of antibiotic stewardship and should be able to demonstrate actual use of technology or innovation within their project with examples
- Infection Prevention and Control: Entries should demonstrate improvements in infection prevention and control practices or interventions to tackle AMR
- Research:Entries should demonstrate how their entry has addressed a key aspect of antibiotic stewardship via a research programme or initiative
- Animal Health, Agriculture and Food Supply:Entries should demonstrate antibiotic stewardship in the agriculture and food sector
- Children & Family:Entries from campaigns that focused on children or individuals that have completed Junior/Family antibiotic guardian badges, e-bug activities or other antimicrobial resistance/infection prevention activities
- Health Student of the Year:Healthcare students who have led initiatives around antibiotic awareness or Antibiotic Guardian should apply.
- Multi-country collaborations and activities to tackle AMR: partnerships between more than one country in any area of AMR; preformed by organisations
- The Das Pillay Antimicrobial Stewardship Memorial Award:This award is to recognise innovation the field of antimicrobial stewardship at a junior level. The nomination may occur through others or through self-nomination. The award is open to junior doctors, nurses and pharmacists who have excelled in delivering antimicrobial stewardship quality improvement.
We would welcome nominations from:
- Doctors up to Specialist Trainee Level
- Nursing staff up to Band 7
- Pharmacists up to band 7
To nominate your project for an award please complete the entry form below.
Deadline for entries: 15 March 2020. New date due to COVID-19 pandemic 13 July 2020
The entry form for the Das Pillay Antimicrobial Stewardship Memorial Award is further down the page.
The Das Pillay Antimicrobial Stewardship Memorial Award:
For further details about the awards night, venue and ticket costs please visit http://www.antibioticawards.co.uk/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries