Register for Antibiotic Resistance and You! – September 2016
Wednesday 28th September 2016
University Place, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, M13 9PL
Antibiotic resistance affects you, but do you know how? Come and join in the discussion on how we can work together to combat antibiotic resistance!
This event is the second of two public events this year, especially aimed at general members of the public; we are looking forward to hearing your views
This free event will:
- Educate you about the causes of antibiotic resistance and why it is a threat.
- Inform you about what you can do to help solve this problem by taking simple, everyday steps.
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of the government, policy makers, and healthcare professionals in tackling this problem.
- Show you how you can join the fight against antibiotic resistance.
- Allow you to contribute to the debate about antibiotic resistance and to the solution!
Speakers to be confirmed
17.15 Registration and refreshments
17.45 Welcome and overview
17.50 All about antibiotics – how they have changed our world
18.00 Thank you antibiotics! A short film to show why antibiotics are valuable
18.10 Let’s talk antibiotic resistance!
18.30 Patient Stories: Film clips on the effects antibiotic resistance can have on people
18.40 Antimicrobial resistance and social responsibility
18.55 Panel discussion: Solving the crisis of AMR – why we need you!
19.40 Patient Stories: Film clips on the effects antibiotic resistance can have on people
19.50 Working together becoming Antibiotic Guardians
20.00 Thank you and close
Please use the form below to Register Now