Antibiotic Guardian 2018 Awards
2018 Awards Programme:
We look forward to welcoming you to the 2018 Antibiotic Guardian Awards. The programme for this gala event is displayed below. Exact timings during the evening are subject to change.
- 18:45 Guest Arrival and Drinks Reception
- 19:15 Guest are Seated
- 19:25 Welcome & Guest Speaker
- 19:50 Dinner Served
- 21:15 Award Presentations
- 22:20 Carriages
Enter for the Antibiotic Guardian Awards – Closed
The 2018 awards are set to take place on the 27th of June 2018, at the Marriot Hotel, Regents Park, in London
Join us as we host the second Antibiotic Guardian Awards championing those organisations and individuals who have demonstrated achievement in tackling antimicrobial resistance at a local, regional or national level.
Maybe your organisation has demonstrated success in working within the community to communicate Antibiotic Guardian? Perhaps you have implemented effective prescription monitoring to support the conservation of antibiotics?
If so, then we want to hear from you. The awards provide you and your organisation with a chance to highlight the continuous good work being carried out to support the key aims and goals of Antibiotic Guardian. This prestigious occasion is a great opportunity to reward you and your colleague’s success whilst networking with peers and health professionals to share ideas on this global challenge.
To enter is simple, below are a list of categories for the Awards with an entry form underneath which must be filled in then submitted to us.
The shortlisted organisations and individuals will be announced in May following a judging period conducted by senior leaders working within the fields of health.
Award Categories include:
- Diagnostic Stewardship: Entries should demonstrate effective use of diagnostics to reduce prescribing
- Prescribing and Stewardship: Entrants should demonstrate how the project has measured antimicrobial usage or improved prudent use of antimicrobials within the organisation
- Community Communications: Entry should highlight how staff or the organisation has promoted Antibiotic Guardian or stewardship within their community and should indicate the communication methods used to engage
- Public Engagement: Entries should demonstrate significant public engagement to tackle AMR
- Innovation and Technology: Entry should highlight how technology has enabled the promotion of antibiotic stewardship and should be able to demonstrate actual use of technology or innovation within their project with examples
- Infection Prevention and Control: Entries should demonstrate improvements in infection prevention and control practices or interventions to tackle AMR
- Research: Entries should demonstrate how their entry has addressed a key aspect of antibiotic stewardship via a research programme or initiative
- Agriculture and Food: Entries should demonstrate antibiotic stewardship in the agriculture and food sector
- Children & Family: Entries from campaigns that focused on children or individuals that have completed Junior/Family antibiotic guardian badges, e-bug activities or other antimicrobial resistance/infection prevention activities
- Health Student of the Year: Healthcare students who have led initiatives around antibiotic awareness or Antibiotic Guardian should apply.
- The Das Pillay Antimicrobial Stewardship Memorial Award: This award is to recognise innovation the field of antimicrobial stewardship at a junior level. The nomination may occur through others or through self nomination. The award is open to junior doctors, nurses and pharmacists who have excelled in delivering antimicrobial stewardship quality improvement.
We would welcome nominations from:
- Doctors up to Specialist Trainee Level
- Nursing staff up to Band 7
- Pharmacists up to band 7
To nominate your project for an award please complete the entry form below. Deadline for entries: 20 April 2018. The entry form for the Das Pillay Antimicrobial Stewardship Memorial Award is further down the page.
The Das Pillay Antimicrobial Stewardship Memorial Award:
For further details about the awards night, venue and ticket costs on June 8th please visit http://www.antibioticawards.co.uk/ or contact email@example.com with any enquiries